I don't know about you, but this winter weather has got me down in the dumps and tired as all heck! I need something to brighten up these dark days and this is the perfect painting to help me out.
9. Lastly, create a single-color outline around your animal to make it “pop”. This is the prominent emphasis you see in Pop Art and what makes the subject stand out. Usually this is black or white but, feel free to make it whatever color you wish!
You have officially created your pop art animal! Enjoy!
This little guy, or gal, is a super easy craft for young and old alike! Great for a chilly winter day to take up some down time and occupy little ones.
1. Cut your sock in half at the location in the photo
2. Take the top half and turn it inside out
3. Tie off the cut end with string (make sure to tie it tight!) and flip it back right side out
4. Start filling your sock with the rice (a funnel will help make it easier or just take your time with pouring) Fill the sock as much as you’d like – there is no right or wrong way
*I wanted to mention here, if you have text on your sock, it may show on the hat. I, luckily, covered mine up by folding the hat over "hipster" style as shown below.
Do you have a bunch of scrap fabric that you don't know what to do with? This is the perfect craft to use 'em up!
1. Cut 8 3"x3" pieces out of your fabric (or various fabrics)
2. Fold each piece in half and then in half again...
3. While holding the fold of each piece, cut the corner into a rough looking heart shape (I went ahead and did all 8 pieces so they were ready for me and I felt like that really sped the process along!)
8. As you let go of the corners, you'll see how all of the pieces are now together, but... it needs a little help becoming a flower. Begin "fluffing" up your pieces and spreading them outward. Oooo look at that flower grow! And just like that, your flower is formed and ready for whatever you wish to use it for!
(Side note: the fabric I used are actually pieces of my Papaw's flannel shirts - he passed a couple of years ago. I plan to use my flowers for wedding decorations/bouquets whenever that happens... cough, cough! ...That way he'll be with us on our special day.)
Hey there, I'm Becca, or Rebecca, but not Becky, never Becky, unless you're my family from down south! I'm a simply modern librarian by day and an artist by night. My pursuit is for a simple, happy, healthy, and more fulfilling life! I hope I inspire you to get crafty!