Do you remember that awesome spooky spell book I did back in October? Well, it started a whirlwind for Christmas gifts that I got completely lost in!
Ahhh, the wonderful world of altered books!
This is the main reason I haven't really posted too much because I was so enveloped in this realm, I didn't have time for anything else. Nothing!
If you don't know what I'm talking about, do a general search on Pinterest for "altered books" or "altered book journal" and behold. It is endless. You will get lost in a rabbit hole that you might never get out of!
Altered books can be created for any type of person, for any reason. The possibilities are endless and it is so incredibly creative. It is a very messy hobby but the results are beautiful. I also found it stress-relieving. I would go into my art room for hours and come out feeling calm and inspired.
Anywho, here is one of the books I created. This one was for my mom who decorates in the vintage/americana type decor. You need to download the file in order to watch it as it is too large for the online restrictions.
Enjoy, and Happy Holidays!
Hoy! I haven't posted anything in a month! I can't believe it's winter and I can't believe Christmas is already less than a month away. Time goes by too fast as you get older, I'm not a fan.
Let's talk about a quick and easy craft you can do in practically no time at all! (Makes for some awesome gifts too)
1. Start by cleaning your glass item. Run it through the dishwasher or hand wash so it's nice and clean for our project.
2. Prep your area with newspaper or a plastic tablecloth and set up all of your necessary materials so you are ready to go!
(You can use transfer tape or contact paper on top of your stencil to easily transfer it to your glass item. This will prevent the stencil from getting out of place and will keep the components in the correct spot)
5. Let the cream sit for no more than 20 minutes.
6. While still wearing the rubber gloves, wash your glass under the faucet and gently rub the cream away under the water.
7. Dry off your glass with a paper towel or hand towel, and wa-lah! A beautiful gift! (The small glass on the left is a pile of books just fyi)
Hey there, I'm Becca, or Rebecca, but not Becky, never Becky, unless you're my family from down south! I'm a simply modern librarian by day and an artist by night. My pursuit is for a simple, happy, healthy, and more fulfilling life! I hope I inspire you to get crafty!